Thursday, October 30, 2014

Trip Recap

Trying to be a better blogger I thought I'd run down a brief recap of the trip. 

We covered a total of 487 miles over 6 days and put 48.5 hours on the port engine and 51.7 on the starboard. Not sure why the difference in engine hours but it's something I want to look into and happens on a regular basis. We took on a total of 373 gallons of fuel which included the fuel burned all summer. By adding up the engine hours for all season we're getting a burn of about 3 gph average. We were about 2.5 gph over the summer and the 1st day of the trip and a bit over 4 gph by mid-week as we were running at a higher rpm to make time. I'm pretty pleased with this and figure we'll be closer to the 2.5 number in the future when we're running slower. We still need to top off before the end of the season but I'm not expecting more than 100 gallons used.

We spent every night tied to a dock so no anchoring this trip. The first 2 nights were free, Turtle Creek because we took on fuel and Louisville because that city embraces the river!
Rocky Point Marina charged $0.75 a foot and Inland Marina and Golconda were $1.00 a foot for a total of $126.50. Inland Marina surprised me in the fact that they charged for a slip after we bought 151 gallons of fuel, most marinas don't do this (in my short history).

Overall a really great trip with no issues on the boat other than the house batteries. A couple of weeks after and even the weather doesn't strike me as being too bad...

In an earlier post I promised some pictures of the updated electronics so here they are


In this picture you see the new chartplotter, a Raymarine e7D and one of the stereo speakers. The chartplotter shows our position, radar overlay, AIS targets, depth and speed.


The starboard side has the new VHF radio with DSC and a 1 touch mayday button that is tied into our GPS. Also in the picture is the remote control for the Fusion stereo, USB charging port, speaker and autopilot which is tied into the e7D. Overall a pretty good setup in my opinion. I added a wireless router that allows me to control the stereo from an app on my iPhone anywhere on the boat (geek).The e7D has it's own wireless that allows me to use my iPad on the lower helm with the full functions of the chartplotter.

That's about it for now. We went back to the boat the following week and got settled into our new slip at Green Turtle Bay and did a bit of exploring, but that's for another post...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment