Thursday, August 22, 2013

2 Days in 1

Sorry to disappoint all my loyal followers yesterday but it was a long day with no cell coverage at the end.
Yesterday started early and we were headed up river before 7 am. We passed Owensboro KY early in the run. They have a nice waterfront water park that looks really inviting. I never did see the Waltrip brothers though.

As I said, we ran a long day and covered over 100 miles without a hitch. Luckily the last few hours were very scenic. The river seemed more like a lake and we passed a huge quarry and mine operation  which was pretty cool.

We got in later than I would have liked for my first attempt at anchoring overnight but we got the hook set and tied the stern to a tree before it was completely dark. This morning we woke up in the same place so I guess we did OK. It was really cool being up the Blue River as the full moon rose over the trees.

Today started a couple of hours late due to fog but we are now at Heathers on the River a bit above Louisville with an easy 2 day run to home. It was an easy run except the run through town above the lock...it gets a bit skinny.

 Tonight we picked up DD and Kim from our marina and loose Dan and Chris…I can’t seem to keep crew on board, call me Ahab.
Thanks for all the help guys, looking forward to having the whole crew together again Saturday.

From Heathers on the River (karaoke night) quando, quando, quando....

No comments:

Post a Comment