Friday, August 16, 2013

Day 5...or is it 6??

I'll start with a warning for my coworkers...i am really getting used to this lifestyle, start looking for a replacement.

We were underway at 0815 this morning and fueled and tied up by 4:00 covering about 63 miles. It was a mostly overcast day so not many pictures were taken...I'll share some from yesterday that I forgot.

One thing I forgot yesterday was a picture of the helm on the flybridge...I do believe it is very proper. We have radar, chartplotter, back-up paper charts, back-up GPS, back-up radio, autopilot and....a fridge. What more do I need?
  The river started out this morning just as we left it (duh) with a small channel that twisted and turned and ended up more lake like. No more homes on stilts and short spud polls at this marina.One more bit of excitement today (and I was driving) was passing 2 up-bound barges just bellow the I-40 bridge. Thankfully the river had gotten a bit larger at this point.

I was also driving just before the marina when we passed under a 26' draw bridge in a 21' boat...I didn't flinch or slow down though.
We are now safe and sound in Pebble Isle Marina and I am going to cut this short and go sit on the front deck, have a drink with Mike and thank him for the incredible job he did this week...I think he knows the boat as well as I do...it sure is cleaner! Thanks Mike!!!!


Until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment