Saturday, August 17, 2013

Half Way!!!

I can't believe a week has passes already. At some point today Mile & I passed the half way point. He felt this was a good time to get off and turn the boat over to a new crew. Jill and our friends Chris and Dan came down for the up-hill leg of the trip. Here we are pulling into Kentucky Dam Marina as seen from the dock.
And here is a view of the new crew waiting for us.
Mike & I were under way early today...in the channel headed north before 0700 covering a bit over 75 miles. Not much excitement today, in fact I had no trouble clearing the first bridge we came to...unlike yesterday. They must have known I was coming.
The lake was mega-wide today however there was a marked channel the whole way. We had a couple of pretty hard storms today but they seemed to get worse after we passed...I guess that's something good.
 Did I mention I was overtaking a barge at the same time....

Tomorrow we head over to Lake Barkley to take the Cumberland River down to the Ohio  and a big right turn. I called the lockmaster tonight and he said we shouldn't be delayed more than 2 and a half hours...I can live with that. Wish us luck as I break in the new crew!!

Thanks again for a great week Mike!! I'll have these guys call you with any questions...make sure they know how I like my espresso.

Captain Spike...out.

2 comments:

  1. Tell Jill we said hello and get to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys, happy Sunday Boating!!!!
    +++++++++++Janet+++++++++++

    ReplyDelete