Thursday, August 29, 2013

Picture Day

As promised I'm going to share some pictures that Dan took along the way. He has a very good eye and it was hard to narrow it down to just a few.

We'll start with some shots of us waiting for the fog to lift in Golconda, Il.
One thing we all learned early on is, when it's time to pass a tow make sure it is the most narrow part of the river & in a bend....it's way fun!
Next is a shot of the "courtesy dock" in Mt. Vernon...you thought I was kidding?? In all honesty Mt. Vernon is a nice little town, best visited by car.
  Here is one from our anchorage on the Blue River as we were waiting for the fog to lift, again.
 And another as we get underway...I'm beginning to think a bit too soon (can you see the barge?)
This was shot from the dock (duh) as we leave Heathers on the River and Dan & Chris get ready to drive DD & Kim's car home...another crew change.
These last couple are as we pass through town and are welcomed home at our marina. Thanks to everyone who made this happen.


Now....hopefully you have enjoyed following along on the trip. I hope I was able, in some small way, to make everyone feel like part of the crew. I don't want you to get the idea that this blogging thing is easy. Trying to come up with something interesting to say every day can be exhausting. Some nights I finished typing by flashlight...most nights scotch or rum was involved...I don't know how Twain did it story after story! Just to prove my point here is one last picture from French Island Marina...

Thanks again Dan for all the great pictures. If you'd like to see more of his work check out this link.

This weekend we are having the family on board for a Labor Day weekend cruise...check back Monday for a full report.

1 comment:

  1. I love this last picture ... It just looks like "you". sounds like you had a great maiden voyage on her ...

    ReplyDelete