Sunday, August 11, 2013

Day 1 (part 2)

OK...this is how day 1 was supposed to go. I have no complaints about the mechanic, he does quality work at a fair price, it just cost us an extra day...no big deal. I feel bad for Jill and Gretchen who got a whole 3 minute ride to the fuel dock last night before they had to head home this morning.
After the fog lifted and we got the girls on the road Mike & I finally shoved off from Euchee Marina at 0915. The boat ran great and we both just took time to relax (Mike didn't let me drive much). Tomorrow I want to spend some time learning the systems and doing a bit of troubleshooting. 
We ran about 75 miles today with 2 locks. Both locks opened like the gates of the Emerald City just as we approached them, just the way it should be. We had the luck to be just ahead of or behind storms all day. We barely had a drop of rain on the boat until 2 minutes after we tied the last line in Chattanooga then it poured...hard! We had a great day!! Keep your fingers crossed for us.
Tomorrow is about an 80 mile day with 1 lock. We are headed for Goose Island Marina in Alabama and will be on central time until late next week. Hopefully I'll have good wifi at the marina. Tonight I'm using my iPad tethered to my phone, hope this works. I'll try to add a couple of pictures also. TTFN

Sorry, can't figure out the pictures, maybe tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment